In this article you will learn how to create an ancillary service in the system and later creating it as a service in a PNR.
Ancillary services are added items/products the the airline can provide the customers e.g. excess baggage, sport equipment, meals etc.
Ancillaries will always be attached to a specific flight and a specific passenger, while we can adjust various limits on the ancillary type.
In order to create a new ancillary item in the system, we'll go first to the "Ancillary services" screen under "Marketing" module:
Next step in to create the ancillary item by clicking "New":
- Name - Will appear in the PNR and system printouts.
- Description - Will appear in the ancillary description for in web bookings.
- Service dates - Flight dates applicable to this ancillary.
- Quantity - Limit the QTY per flight or 0 for unlimited.
- From-To & Class - Leave empty for no restriction.
- Image - The image uploaded through "Website"->"Storage" to appear in web bookings.
Click on save, the window will refresh in order to proceed and create the ancillary items:
You can add as many ancillary items to a specific ancillary type, the restrictions (if any) are applied to the ancillary type only.
When done, ancillaries can be added to a PNR which must contains a flight and pax:
Steps for creating ancillary service in the PNR:
- Select a pax
- Select a flight
- Select ancillary type
- Select ancillary item
- Click on "save"
When done, a new service is created:
Note that you can add multiple ancillary services to a PNR up to the ancillary type qty restriction (if set) for a flight.